Friday, August 19, 2011

DCI Finals!

What a great night it was to see the Cadets win their 10th championship!  While the Santa Clara Vanguard is my corps of support and love, I have always been there with Nathan to root on the Cadets through thick and thin!

Nathan and I both sporting Cadet's shirts!

It started with arriving in one of my favorite cities, Indianapolis.  We headed to lunch at my favorite restaurant, "Alcatraz", only to find out that it had gone out of business!!!  We find a new great dig in the same area; "RAM restaurant and brewery".  They had some great food selections, and a great home brewed beer selection!


Indianapolis, Indiana

RAM Restaurant and Brewery

After a great lunch, we headed to Lucas Oil Stadium for some drum corps!  This is our 4th year going to DCI World Championships!  I cannot believe it has already been 4 years.  We got to our seats, to find that they were well worth the money we paid!

Lucas Oil Stadium
View from our seats!


It was a great night of marching music.  My favorites of the night ended up being...

Spirit of Atlanta - "ATL Confidential"
Boston Crusaders - "Revolution"
Santa Clara Vanguard - "The Devils Staircase"
Phantom Regiment -  "Juliet"
The Cadets - "Between Angels and Demons"

The night ended with the best part, which was of course The Cadets winning their 10th Championship!!!

 Cadets 10th Championship Shirt



With school in full swing, I will try to update as I can.  Hopefully there will be some great quick meals coming up for school nights!  Keep enjoying...EVERY MINUTE...even in the busiest of times!

No comments:

Post a Comment