Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Another "hobby"

Today is a good example of another hobby I am working hard at keeping up...getting in shape!  It has been 2 weeks that I have been on a pretty extensive work out plan.  Training for a 5K, as well as finally doing some strength training.  I know it is hard for musicians (especially teachers) to find time to work out, but I need to find a balance to keep my body healthy so I can have more than enough energy today.

Today, Nathan and I both started with a full breakfast consisting of some fresh cooked food 
and some Fresh Market Food.  Some Fresh Watermelon, 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, Light Chicken Salad, and Sunflower French Toast (using sunflower oil, brown sugar, buttermilk, and non-salted butter).


Today I started with a 1 hour cardio work out using Bob Harper's DVD.


Later in the afternoon I did my 5K training.  I use the Couch 2 5K Get Running App on my iPhone.  It is really helpful.  I am hoping to run a 5K in the fall!

Lastly I did some strength training on the biceps and triceps. 


Hoping to keep it up when band camp and school gets started!  We are having a friend over tomorrow so there will most likely be some fun cooking blogs!  Keep enjoying!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the blog alex!! I'm going to have to check out that iPhone app!! Let's run the 5k together;)

    ReplyDelete