Monday, June 27, 2011

DCI Stanford Party

Saturday night was filled with some activities that my life and this blog are really about, music and cooking.

A fun night filled with good food, games and some drum corps--The truffle maccaroni and cheese was a big hit and worth the extra money for good cheese, as for the salad, it was pretty good, dressing was different.  Dessert was interesting for me because I normally do not make them, but it turned out very well, however most of my family and friends are getting lemon-ed out with me haha.  I did make a chocolate sauce for Miranda, who insisted for chocolate!

 Lemon Mousse
Lemon Mousse with Chocolate Sauce

After dinner we sat down to enjoy the drum corps show being broadcast from Stanford California.  It is shaping up to be a fun year with some great shows.  As usual I loved Santa Clara Vanguard performing a show called "The Devil's Staircase".  They always choose great innovative musical selections.  The Cadets are on fire this year and are hopefully on track to win their 10th championship.  As far as my Addisson (my brother) goes, he enjoyed making fun of my favorite corp and cheering on the Cadets as well with Nathan.
2011 Santa Clara Vanguard

We finished off the evening by playing a 4-5 hour Phase 10 twist game, in which we never finished due to a 1AM thunderstorm that rolled through and got Faust upset!  

Phase 10 Twist
Nathan and Faust

Keep enjoying until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment